Hello dear potential future housemate,
We are looking for someone to join us here in our house in Homerton from the 11th of May onwards, when our contract renews for another year. We've been living here for over 3 years and love both the house and the location!
- The room is an unfurnished double bedroom, rent is 821 per month, plus bills (around 100 a month). Deposit: 1153.85
- Available from 11 May
- We are two women in our 30s, both work in tech, have been friends before living together, and enjoy hanging out while respecting the need for peace and quiet at home. We like to go to gigs or the local cinema together, explore the many local cafes/pubs/bars, host the occasional cocktail night or garden picnic, and often have breakfast together on the weekends.
- Private landlord (who is really nice, and a carpenter/wood worker)
- Looking for someone to join for the long-term. Contract renews for another 12 months (landlord does not increase the rent!!), you'd be on the tenancy agreement with us
- We are vegetarian and vegan, but have been living with a considerate omnivore, so you don't have to be veggie (but it would be nice)
- Cat-friendly (but sadly we can't have a dog)
Details about the room:
The bedroom has a built in bookcase and wardrobe, and ample space for a double bed and desk. There's also more storage in a large wardrobe in the hall just outside the bedroom, as well as bookshelves and space for extra furniture in the communal areas for you to use. In addition there's an attic and basement we use for storage. Housemate who is moving out might be up for selling their double bed, if you need one.
The living room is cosy with two sofas and gorgeous fireplace. Hardwood floors throughout. It's pretty large and we park our bikes inside.The kitchen/diner is beautiful (double oven!), with access to the secluded garden. The french doors in the kitchen open all the way up for indoor/outdoor living in the warmer months. There's a large 1st floor bathroom with a bathtub and shower. There is an extra WC + sink on the ground floor.
There'll be space for furniture in the communal areas if you have some.
We currently have a cleaner who comes every other week.
We also know our neighbours and they are awesome!
We take care of the garden and have planted some things, an interest in helping with this would be a plus (but not a must).
The house is in a quiet residential street just off Homerton High Street and near Chatsworth Road which is home to a weekly market and nice local shops/cafes. There's even a local cinema! For the best coffee + brunch, we have Dark Arts Roastery.
Glyn Road is located close to the open spaces of Hackney Marshes and Mabley Green, Victoria Park is nearby too. The Adam & Eve pub is 2 minutes away and has an excellent beer garden, the Spreadeagle is a vegan pub and does great food. (The Chesham Arms and Elderfield are also super nice and worth a visit). Our mate runs a cocktail bar on Morning Lane, Every Cloud, where we are often.
Homerton Station is a short walk away, access to both Stratford and Highbury & Islington for tube line connections into central London. Buses 236, W15, 276, 308 and 488 stop at Glyn Road (2 minutes from the house). A short walk away is bus 26 that goes to Waterloo via Shoreditch.
Near and Near-ish Stations
Nearest Bus Routes
|Bus number||Distance in m|
£821 Exc Util & Exc CTax
Avail Saturday 11 May
On or renewed 15 April
Flatsharing with Two Females
(Av) age 36ish looking for 30-45
Flatshare interests and occupations
Int: music, gigs, pubs, eating out, baking, yoga, swimming, hiking, kayaking, coffee, gardening, dancing, travel
Occ: we work in tech, but aren't software developers
Contact and notebook
|mail-outline ||Email pop up|
|favorite ||Put in my notebook|
|flag ||Raise a concern with us|