Available Sat Aug 01
On or renewed Thu Jul 02
Flatsharing with one male and one female (Av) age 32ish looking for 30-40
We have a bright, spacious double bedroom to rent in our house in Honor Oak Park. There are 2 of us living here already so will be a house of 3 altogether.
- Large double room with masses of built-in storage
- Furniture included is a bed with comfy mattress, bedside tables and chest of drawers.
- Is massive - 3 storeys and 5 bedrooms but only 3 people, so we have lots of space.
- Shared living/dining room.
- You'll be sharing a bathroom with Tom.
- Garden with a barbecue, fire pit and garden furniture which backs on to a private park with a tennis court. Our outside space has been a lifesaver in lockdown!
- Well equipped kitchen - you don't need to bring anything.
- Rent is 615 pcm, this does not include bills.
- Deposit is 495 pcm
- Bills are approx. 90 pcm for electricity, gas, water, BT Infinity (very fast) internet, TV licence, council tax and contents insurance.
- Laura - works in insurance and promises it's interesting! Into fitness, yoga and is always thinking about her next meal.
- Tom - an animator/art director into art, films and impulse lockdown purchases (pizza oven anyone?)
We've lived together for 2.5 years and are friends as well as housemates - especially now we've spent so much time together in lockdown.
Pre-covid, we were both out and about a lot but will be working from home until at least the end of August and probably longer. Our days normally consist of us working separately and getting together in the evening for dinner, a drink or six, and dipping into a boxset (Sopranos is the flavour of the month...we may be a little behind the times...)
So we're looking for someone who can also be part of our household and wants to get to know us. Totally respect the need for your own space, but preferably no awkward room hermit dynamics!
We're probably not the right house for any budding gourmet chefs crafting away for hours, as the kitchen is the only part of the house that's on the small side.
We like to pub quiz together on Sunday nights so if you know anything about geography or sports, that will be a bonus when our beloved local opens up again.
We like a clean and tidy house but don't have a cleaner so you will need to muck in. There is a rota and we want someone with common sense who will clean without being reminded.
The area is great - lovely community and loads of nice cafes, pubs, restaurants etc.
If this sounds good to you, please get in touch and tell us a little bit about yourself in the message. We're holding viewings now. We're planning to have Zoom chats/tours of the house first to save any unnecessary journeys if it's not a good fit.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Laura and Tom